1. Read the entire Bylaws completely – Neighborhood Planning Unit – V 2012 Bylaws
2. Verify that all issues identified in the Bylaw Guide are addressed – Read Guide for NPU Bylaws
3. Read and Verify that Bylaws are not in conflict with ordinance Atlanta, Georgia Code of Ordinances Part. 6 – Budget and Planning Chapter 3. Planning Article B. – Neighborhood Planning
4. Vote to amend or not to amend the following
2013 Recommendations: Item must be voted on because the vote never occurred, I requested to hold over til 2014.
1: Article V/Section 7 – Remove Prayer – it doesn’t actually say prayer but that is what is done by our chaplain. Some members say they are offended by Christian prayer and it should be changed to a moment of silence or neutral prayer.
2. Article V/ Section 3 – APAB recommends to extend to 4 years consecutive in one 1 officer role. Extend Term limit to match City Term Limit to 8 total years. No status of consecutive years.
currently our term limit is 3 consecutive years with no limit on total years.
3. Article VIII/ Section 1. Include a requirement of community benefits agreement – a vote was made in March meeting for a committee to convene however no one has joined the committee. Vice Chair Gallashaw stated she has reached out to members but no one returns her calls. Creation sub-sections a) and b)
2014 Recommendations :
Article IV/Section 3
(language change) / no number listed for a quorum / any point during the meeting where there are 12 or more voting eligible
Article V / Section 4
(language change only) / without advance notification from the President / with out advance notification to the President and the President will notify the general body during the regular NPU-V meeting
Article V/Section 5
President shall appoint an individual / change – NPU-V member
Article III – Section 2 – D
currently – attend (4) meeting to vote for officers / proposed – 3 meetings to vote for officers
Article V – Section 2
currently – 9 meetings to be an officer / proposed – 6 meetings
NPU-V November Agenda 2014